The web is full of information about local food, localisation, food production, urban agriculture, peri-urban agriculture and everything in between. In fact I feel their is too much information.
This list of resources is an ongoing piece of work. It’s purpose is to provide a comprehensive collection of links, videos, books that will help both the newcomer to the subject as well as hopefully providing something for the experienced.
I’ve broken this down into UK resources and international stuff. A lot of stuff is happening the USA at the moment which is really great but I think it’s important to focus on what is happening in the UK and firstly my local area, Merseyside
Wirral and Liverpool
- Wirral Allotments Federation
- Transition Town West Kirby
- Wirral Allotments – Also the council’s strategy up to 2012 (PDF)
- Tracing Paper – Fabulous blog looking at all aspects of food production
- Food Resources – Analysis on food and farming
- Sustain – Alliance for better food and farming
- Deconstructing Dinner – a regular podcast from Canada
On the Ground Schemes
- Abundance Sheffield – Distributed unwanted fruit around the city to those more needy.
- Dott07 – A middlesborough scheme which took place around the city in 2007
- 100 Mile Diet – A US based pledge to only eat food with 100 miles of your community
- Parliamentary debates mentioning the word allotments
- Food Matters: Towards a strategy for the 21st Century